Can you believe new Christmas music is coming out soon? It may seem early, but many musicians have been in the holiday spirit for a while, recording the albums in early summer so the music will be in stores on time for Christmas! Here are some of the new projects we’re looking forward to…
- Jody McBrayer – “Christmastime.” Formerly a member of Avalon, Jody is releasing a Christmas project featuring several seasonal classics. It is expected to be in stores October 21st.
- Amy Grant – “Tennessee Christmas.” Her first all new Christmas album in 20 years, the record will feature 6 new songs, classics, and a duet with her husband Vince Gill.
- “Majesty in a Manger.” A various artist album featuring Integrity Music’s Paul Baloche, Seth & Nirva, Darlene Zschech, All Sons & Daughters, and more is scheduled to release this October.
- Canton Junction – “A Canton Christmas.” A southern gospel Christmas album with a nice, healthy dose of steel guitars, fiddles, and vocal harmonies, “A Canton Christmas” is expected to hit stores this autumn
- Matthew West – “Unto Us: A Christmas Collection.” Featuring some of the Matthew West Christmas staples you already know (“The Heart of Christmas,” “Jingle Bells,”) and several new recordings (“Join the Angels,” “Unto Us,”) this album is set to release later this month.
- Lauren Daigle – “Behold.” Lauren’s first Christmas album is going to have a classic, warm, soft jazz vibe inspired by her hometown of New Orleans. This new release is expected to hit stores this October.
- JJ Heller – “Unto Us.” Funded by fans through Kickstarter, the indie singer/songwriter is planning on releasing her first Christmas album this November. It will feature holiday favorites such as “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” and “Let it Snow,” and less common recordings like “O Come, O Come Emmanuel” and “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring.”